Nitrous Oxide isn’t a laughing matter
Nitrous oxide, (also known as laughing gas, nitro, N2O, NOS, nangs, whippet) is a colourless gas that is commonly used for sedation and pain relief.
It's also used by people to get high. There’s no such thing as a ‘safer’ drug. Nitrous Oxide may have that reputation, but it still carries health risks, and a number of deaths have been linked to its use.
When someone inhales nitrous oxide, they’re limiting the amount of oxygen going to their brain. This could lead to the person passing out, or dying through suffocation or heart problems. The risk of this is likely to be higher if the gas is being inhaled in an enclosed space, or if a lot is used at the same time.
When inhaling directly from tanks or whippets (bulbs), the gas is extremely cold (-40C degrees). This can cause frostbite to the nose, lips and throat (including vocal cords).
The gas is also under constant pressure which means it can cause tears in lung tissue when inhaled directly from these containers.
26 Jun 2022
Everyone’s talking about fentanyl
2 Jun 2022
Meth found in MDMA tablets in NZ
31 May 2022
24 May 2022
What is wood lovers paralysis?
19 May 2022
Before mixing MDMA and magic mushrooms, read this
11 May 2022
Thinking of picking mushrooms?
5 May 2022
Will nitrous oxide impact my health?
28 Apr 2022
What are the risks of magic mushrooms?
13 Apr 2022
What’s the deal with drug checking?
12 Apr 2022